Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A little buzz

I spent last night on the Internet updating and cultivating my various Websites. I joined a new one, Yessy. I've had my eye on this site for a while, because it has an International presence, and is geared toward original art.

Yessy gallery


Enough about websites, lets get to the fun stuff-buzz!

I googled my name last night. Try it sometime, when you are really bored. More precise information comes up if you bracket your name in quotations marks, like this: "Marni Mutrux". Enter it in google, and see what fun comes up. If your name is more common, enter your city/state after the name.

The search pulled up pages from over 12 years ago, but there were some new ones.

I came across this little piece of press from the San Francisco weekly. It features my Drift painting, along with some pretty cool company.



I also came across the article in The New Times here is San Luis Obispo. The concept is strange, but appropriate for Halloween. We all die in the photos. Since my photo was featured full-page at the beginning of the article, they didn't include a quote. I'm guessing that's the reason, otherwise they didn't like what I had to say.

New times Article


Here's the photo of me dead after falling down my stairway. It's not my favorite photo, but was fun to shoot.




Last, but not least, I want to give Sandra Williams a thank you for featuring me on her blog,
Eclectic Studio.


That's it for now, have a great week everyone!










No comments: