Thursday, April 8, 2010

Up for auction: Interior with Chair

I want to congratulate my friend, Micheal Bruce for his winning bid on "Slow Like Honey!"

This week, I'm reaching way back in the archives and auctioning off a painting I did in 2002. I did this one before art school, and it was a real breakthrough for me both technically and conceptually. I took a lot of risks, pulling away from traditional representation and learned in the process.

This painting was influenced by one of my favorite artists, Mark Rothko and I used his technique of placing down washes of color on top of dry underlayers, then scrubbing them off to reveal the colors underneath.

I've enjoyed this painting for years, but it's been placed in storage. Which is why I'm happy to give it a new life in a new home.


“Interior with Chair” is an ORIGINAL oil on canvas.


This piece is a BIG 36x24", on high quality cotton canvas. It is framed in a modern brushed aluminum frame with 2" edge. The painting is signed and dated.

To bid on this lovely beast, visit my Facebook page. Friend request me if you aren't already one. Just comment on the album to place your bid, it's that easy! Auction ends at the stroke of midnight of April 12th PST

A paypal invoice + shipping will be sent to the high bidder via private email.

No comments: