Wednesday, August 12, 2009

From the archives

I have a huge walk-in closet, which is fantastic, except there isn't a stitch of clothing in it. No, my dream of a closet is stuffed with paintings, canvas rolls, old frames, prints and stretcher bars. I was wading through it the other day, and it seems such a shame that some of these paintings aren't proudly hanging on someone's wall, appreciated the way they should be. Of course, there are some in there that will never see the light of day; experiments gone wrong, class assignments. I'm too sentimental to throw these away, but likely will one day.

I pulled out this gem, it's a nice size, (24x36"), and always received compliments from folks when they visited my old studio. I painted this one back in 2004, bundled in a coat in a cold Salem, MA basement. I hadn't painted in nearly a year and was exploring. It was meant to be a series of three, but I only did the one. In the hope of finding it a good home, I'm listing it on Etsy at a very affordable price


Here's a nifty mock-up of what it would look like in your uber-modern home:


UPDATE: The painting sold. Congrats to the new owner!

2 comments:

Made by Dinosaurs said...

Great mock up!

Mutrux Studio Blog said...

Thank you Amy :)