Friday, March 20, 2009

Minis are Love

I’ve been working at a manic pace, painting 5-8 hours a day. My poor brushes are disintegrating at an alarming rate. The first results of my mini painting series are finished, with more on the way.























My last large painting, Marilyn, went into photo-realism more than usual. Painting this way is technically challenging, but leaves me feeling stifled. It’s nice to have a break from all that, and explore. There’s nothing I love more than a bold brushstroke, unusual color mixing, or the odd drip. The big canvases are benefiting, and I'm having fun again.


Education consists mainly of what we have unlearned.~Mark Twain

Paintings can be purchased for a reasonable $55 from my website. Proceeds go toward the festival fund.

No comments: